Skills: Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
WDS is currently seeking qualified Mud Engineers for continental-US based positions with the following backgrounds:
- Checks mud properties periodically and reports properties in Daily Mud Report, Handling all mud treatment and ensure proper use and maintenance of solids control equipment.
- Estimate the mud materials and chemicals required for drilling each phase. Includes estimating tonnage per material, per well and recommends estimates for ordering from stores.
- Ensures adequate stock of mud chemicals are available in the rig.
- Forecast material requirements for well-site operations and liaise with the mud advisor to ensure timely purchase, preparation and delivery of sufficient stock.
- Ensure loading/off-loading, stocking/re-stocking mud chemicals at the well site is done properly and carefully.
- Ensure that an adequate rig site chemical inventory and an accurate record of supply and consumption is maintained and reported properly.
- Performs other related duties such as discussing mud related problems with the MUD ADVISOR and the DS on the rig.
- Performs field supervision on the mud system in use ensuring its compliance to the approved program and provide a complete, accurate and informative.
- Responsible to ensure that all equipment supplied for the project at the well site i.e. Testing Equipment, Compressors, Mud Pumps, Bulk Silos, Mixing Tanks, etc. are properly maintained and handled.
- Understand HSE procedures, policies and regulations with relation to his/her area of responsibility.
- Initiate and recommend the proper and efficient mud program for rig operations
- Minimum of 4 to 7 years as Mud engineer or above
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Petroleum Engineering or related engineering/sciences
WDS Global Partners was founded in 2009 by senior-level industry leaders with expertise in offshore, deepwater drilling operations, rig/facility projects, operations and maintenance integrity management. Our mission is to create solutions and value for our clients and to be recognized as a world-class service provider.
Located in Richmond, Texas, WDS Global Partners provides consulting, staffing, payroll and auditing services to oil and gas operators, drilling rig contractors, equipment providers and project teams. WDS specializes and offers technical support services in four areas, but not limited to:
· Project Management Services
· Engineering and Operations Support for Drilling and Completions
· Operations and Asset Integrity Management
· Asset Purchase and Divestment Assistance
WDS's success is attributed to operational and technical management experience comprised of knowledge acquired by working for, and with, the largest oil and gas operators and drilling contractors in the industry. WDS is expanding and growing! We welcome clients and candidates to contact us at email@example.com or our office located in Richmond, Texas.