We are looking for a strategic Contracting & Procurement leader to head up the C&P function for the industry-leading QGC project in Queensland.
QGC is a key part of the Shell Australia portfolio, and the asset is one of Australia's leading natural gas producers, focused on developing Queensland's world-class onshore gas reserves. Our operations in Queensland include extensive upstream operations, including more than 2,600 production wells, and a two-train LNG export facility on Curtis Island.Position Purpose
Lead a team of Contracting & Procurement Professionals to deliver the most competitive and sustainable Supply Chains for QGC, enabled by strong collaboration with internal/external stakeholders and suppliers to deliver commercially innovative solutions. You will have 4 direct reports and a total headcount of 50 including contractors and warehouse staff. This role reports to the GM CP Australia. Leadership
The role sits on the CP Leadership Team in country and also the QGC Asset Leadership Team. Its principal responsibilities are: direct line supervision over the QGC CP Production, Wells and Projects teams covering overall C&P responsibility for operations annual third party spend; direct line responsibility for QGC Materials Management team; acting as a single accountable point to the QGC Asset Leadership team for managing all CP issues and broad participation in the QGC leadership community. Location and Travel
You will be based from our Brisbane office. 2-3 times a month you will make field visits to the QGC site. 1-2 times a year you will visit our West coast operations. Dimensions
- Third party spend of > U.S$600m per annum
- 3-4 direct reports, ~50 staff in QGC, including direct and indirect reports, staff and contractors, plus warehouse contractor staff.
- Key Stakeholder Interfaces - VP QGC, General Managers of Upstream, Wells, Development, and Project, GM HSE, HR QGC
- QGC is a fast moving operational business with multiple competing priorities which need managing, and a significant ramp up in activity over the next few years
- Achieve and sustain "most competitive supply chains", which will require further and deeper application of Supply Chain Transformational approaches
- Challenging local environment, with limited supplier capabilities in specific sub-categories
- As a legacy BG asset, QGC does not operate on standard Shell IT infrastructure, and there are system and data barriers to process optimization which need to be overcome
- Ensuring effective collaboration with key stakeholders in QGC to optimize leverage opportunities and deliver best value.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.Requirements
- Extensive experience across end-to-end Supply Chain, with a mix of operational experience at global and regional levels, corporate roles, multiple Lines of Business.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- An ability to build effective working relationships at senior levels within the country and across CP is essential. Collaborative and integrative behavior within the wider CP community and with business
- Understands business drivers and key value levers. Has effective influencing skills and can flex style to audience. Proven track record of commercial acumen.
- Credible and proven safety leader. Uncompromising on HSSE, Ethics & Compliance is a 'must have'
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise. Can participate in in-country strategy development and, crucially, translate strategy to outcomes. Brings external market/supplier into the conversation.
- Proven track record of developing and leading high performing teams and individuals. Continuous improvement and simplification mindset. Enables and empowers team to contribute, recognises people (Engage & Perform). Passionate about developing people.
- Highly driven, 'can do', inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner. Is understood and is credible at all levels in Shell
If your background is deemed a good match, the Global Recruiter will reach out to you for an initial chat to explore motivations, expectations and to discuss your experience in more detail. Successful candidates will then be invited to a telephone interview with the GM CP Australia. If both parties are happy to proceed then you will be invited to attend two, back-to-back, interviews. The final step would be a commercial case study. We hope to be conducting interviews early June with a decision to be made end of June. Our values
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunitiesWomen's perspective
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2019.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme.People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.