Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Nigeria, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
KCA Deutag are currently looking for a Rig Electrician on a permanent basis located in Nigeria.
- Safety is a major responsibility. Each individual member of the company must be aware of their responsibility to ensure safe working in their respective area.
- Report all the potentials hazards and abnormal situations.
- Plan and implement Safety at the work site.
- Obtain necessary safety clearance for the nature/type of work to be carried out, in advance, in consultation with the HSE & QA Manager and in accordance with safety procedures (Permit To Work).
- Explain to the personnel concerned the visible and hidden hazards involved in the jobs (Job Safety Analysis/ Pre job meetings)
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the requirements of the Permit-to-work system and in compliance with Safety Procedures in force, initiates PTW as necessary within their discipline and ensures all safety precautions are carried out.
- Instruct his personnel before commencing the work, as to the safety precautions and measures to be observed at work (Tool Box Talk and record this discussion on a TRIC card).
- Carry out competence assessment in respect of departmental staff, performance evaluations and identify long term career potential etc.
- Become competent in their particular discipline and ensure their crew personnel work towards competency for their own positions to support career development.
- Utilise, as and when appropriate, the Performance Appraisal Procedure as well as the Disciplinary Procedure for detailing performance issues including; high standards of work, career development and or sub standard performance.
- Ensure that all employees under their authority have sufficient information and knowledge to carry out their job without endangering any persons, plant or equipment and are adequately trained and experienced for a particular task before they are instructed to carry it out.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in the oil field as a Chief Electrician
- Certification of apprenticeship as an energy electronics engineer or equal.
- Top drive NOV TDS 4, TDS 11
- Bentec SCR would be advantageous,
- Execute a preventative maintenance programme in accordance with Companies policy.
- Ensure that all Third Party personnel including Service Engineers comply with Companies Installation Safety Procedures.
- Monitor any rig equipment supplied by other contractors or sub-contractors to ensure that it is suitable for use within the areas desired.
- Ensure that all equipment, including tools and instruments, under his control complies with statutory requirements, and that it is maintained at all times in a safe condition, or assure that it otherwise is completely withdrawn from service, including tools and instruments in their care.
- Operations and maintenance of main power systems and all auxiliary and associated control systems on the unit.
- The detection of machinery malfunction, location of faults to prevent or minimize damage.
- Operation and maintenance of systems for fire prevention, detection and extinction.
- The maintenance of survival craft and launching appliances.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory pollution prevention procedures.
- Plan maintenance and repair tasks so as to minimise the effect on the drilling operation.
- To ensure that operational management is made aware of any maintenance schedules that are deferred, the reasons why and the potential consequences.
- Supervise the order, cleanliness and housekeeping at all relevant work sites and around all rig equipment.
- To provide marked up updates or modify any drawings, sketches or information on existing and replacement equipment as required.
- Report any misuse of equipment to the Drilling Project Manager.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of spare parts is maintained on the installation and is stored in environmentally sound conditions.
- Check materials offloaded and complete manifests and requisitions for electrical equipment.
- Carry out and record the maintenance tasks specified by the computerised maintenance system.
- Ensure that all the Company's reporting system data sheets are completed e.g. Maintenance tasks and Corrective Work Orders.
- Ensure that the maintenance section in the Enhanced Drilling Reporting System is updated on a daily basis.
- Recommend and when required adhere to the modifications to equipment process or systems to enhance safety, improve rig performance or comply with statutory notices.
- To ensure representatives of certifying authorities on inspections of the installation are accompanied as required.
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills in good English