Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Electrical Technical Authority for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
This role will be embedded within the Facilities Technical Authority Team providing Electrical Engineering subject matter expertise across the whole business. The purpose of the Technical Authority Group is to prevent major accident hazards; maximise the value of projects and modifications; provide value-adding guidance to the business; establish the engineering framework and strategy; and be the functional head of each engineering discipline.
This position will involve technical assurance activities in all cycles of operation from initial conceptual design through project construction / commissioning and operations / maintenance support onto decommissioning.
This role provides the opportunity for you to be a key influencer in the organisation. As such you will need to be experienced in both project execution and operations support work and also be able to demonstrate proactive and collaborative working behaviours.
Ensuring safe operations and preventing Major Accidents Hazards by:
- Defining initial performance standards for safety critical elements and assuring compliance against these
- Reviewing and approving safety critical maintenance deferrals
- Developing safety critical maintenance strategies
Maximising the value of projects and modifications by:
- Providing guidance on scope definitions for repairs, modifications and projects
- Reviewing and assuring the design of projects and modifications as part of the management of engineering change process
- Providing technical gate assurance
- Ensuring key engineering drawings, document and safety critical operating procedures are approved
Provision of value adding guidance to the business by:
- Providing independent guidance and technical advice on business strategy, continuous improvement, safety and operational risks
- Reviewing Operational Risk Assessments and business critical qualitative risk assessments
- Providing discipline expertise during investigations and root cause analysis.
- Audit our facilities using results to improve safety and operational performance and simplify processes and procedures
- Inputting to regulatory responses
- Challenge inefficiencies and propose fit for purpose solutions
Provide functional leadership to the Electrical Engineers as Head of Discipline by:
- Monitoring the health of the electrical engineering function, assessing the technical competence of electrical engineers and assisting in succession planning and requirement.
- Providing leadership, mentoring and input to training requirements for Electrical Engineers
Establishing the engineering framework and discipline strategy for electrical engineering by:
- Setting the standard by which Company operates by defining company policies, procedures and technical standards in line with UK legislation and international standards
- Auditing application of these and identifying areas for improvement and simplification
- Providing electrical technical expertise, keeping up to date with latest discipline technologies and good practice
- Establishing a group of Electrical Delegated Authorities to cover lower level assurance tasks at an asset level.
- Extensive experience within projects engineering and operations / maintenance support of HV / LV electrical equipment in both upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities
- Technical Authority experience of a client/operator environment and knowledge of the safety, environmental and operational aspects of their work
- Experience of engineering contractor processes, procedures, estimating methods and delivery processes
- Knowledge and experience of project implementation methodology and Gated project delivery processes
- Understanding of relevant legislative requirements and national / international standards
- Related degree
- Chartered engineer (relevant Institution)
- MIST and RGIT BOSIET Training