Duson, Louisiana, United States
Duson, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duson, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Description and Location
Duson, LA and Covington, LA
Gulf Crane Services was established in 1982 by Charles Bollinger, Jr. CEO, who saw a need for a reputable crane service company in the offshore oil industry in Louisiana and was determined to meet that need. Gulf Crane Services has grown from a small crane service company to a leading provider of services and products in the Gulf of Mexico.
We strive to provide the highest quality of service in the most efficient and safest way possible. We have managed, by every means available, to remain consistent and highly competitive in an industry, which changes almost daily. Gulf Crane Services is extremely conscious of working together with our clients for the most economically, efficient and environmentally safe conditions. Contact us today and learn what we can do for you.
It is our sincere goal that all of our new and existing customers will grow and prosper with us, and find themselves a satisfied part of our successful future.
Gulf Crane Services continues to listen and react to the "Voice of the Customer", a phrase used in Quality Management Systems (QMS) like ISO and Six SIGMA. We place an extra effort to listen to the needs and requirements of our customers that drives us to be vigilantly proactive towards our customer needs. We have acquired the confidence of our customers by delivering the highest quality product at the best price with emphases for on time delivery.
Should a complication arise, we assure a quick and corrective action.
- In order to continue to provide quality service we have enhanced safety standards, quality management and continued training in all departments i.e. API Standards, API, and SEMS II.
- Louisiana Worker's Compensation Insurance Company (LWCC) presented Gulf Crane Services with the '2016 Safest 70 Award again for the for the sixth time.
- For Gulf Crane Services; '2013 represented a five year consecutive LWCC Safest 70 Award. Only five of the 26,000 policyholders in Louisiana have ever achieved this standard of safety.
Gulf Crane Services needs seven Pedestal Crane Operators/Crane Mechanics . Must be experienced with API RP 2D latest edition. Have a current Certificate Card(s) showing qualified as a Class A Rigger, Class A Operator in Hydraulic, Electric, and or Mechanical crane operation. Work will entail lifting loads from five to 300 ton. Must have experience with drilling and production platforms, lifting personnel, moving high value cargo, and completing blind lifts, static (onboard), and dynamic (off-board) lifts. Must have five-years' experience in offshore operating pedestal cranes. Will travel and be expected to go offshore for extended periods of time. Must pass all medical/physical and skills evaluations.
Provide daily oversight for Gulf Crane Services' field and shop service
activities; monitors the functionality of equipment and machinery.
- Perform crane field service.
- Act as a company representative with customers in the field.
- Assist in training offshore mechanic helpers.
- Report to service coordinator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the installation and Operation of equipment at field locations.
- Ensures all customer requirements for equipment are met.
- Ensures records and logs of all maintenance activities are kept.
- Develop beneficial relationships with clients.
- Supervises all mechanic helpers in field, make sure projects are being done correctly
- and in a timely manner.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair cranes
- Repair/overhaul winches, valves, engines, and hydraulic components.
- Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
- Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Understand and comply with operating and technical procedures and workplace instructions.
- Understand and comply with all safety and environmental requirements.
- Perform any other duties as required or assigned by the service coordinator within the physical constraints of the job.
High School graduate, hold GED certificate, or industry related experience.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
Language - Must be able to write and speak English
Climbing - multiple flights of stairs throughout the day
Drug and Alcohol Screen - GCS has a "Zero Tolerance" program
Tuberculosis Testing - Some company's may require TB screening
Pulling - your own weight along a vertical ladder or horizontal plain
Lifting - Able to lift 50 lbs. and more with a helper or mechanical assistance
Dexterity - Job will entail good manual dexterity of fingers with small and large parts
• Health, Dental, Vision (After 30 days)
• Suplimental Insurance (After 30 days)
• 401K (After 6 months)
• 7 paid holidays (After 60 days)
• PTO (After 60 days)
Job Type: Full-time/HOURLY PAID