Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Incumbent must obtain residence within a 60 minute drive to the local district office in order to respond to call outs expediently. This requirement must be met within 90 days of the first date of employment.
- Must successfully complete six (6) weeks of classroom training and certification programs. Training and certification includes basic knowledge of radiation principles and regulations.
- Must complete up to three months of on-the-job training under the supervision of senior Field Service Representatives or district operations management personnel.
- Through a field evaluation, must demonstrate competence in the use of proppant and chemical tracers and survey instruments that will be used on the job.
- Must demonstrate understanding of basic radiation principles by successfully completing the written examinations given in the classroom-training course in order to obtain Radiation Certification for well logging.
- Must successfully complete the Tracer Operations Manual orientation of standard operating procedures and demonstrate the ability to perform all essential job duties and responsibilities without supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree with some college course work in a field of science, technology or engineering preferred. Minimum one year of previous oil and gas service experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Proficiency with Microsoft Office software preferred. Strong Excel skills will be required to complete job reports and paperwork. Some experience with Access preferred. An aptitude for learning new software systems preferred. Incumbents will be required to learn the proprietary STMU (Spectral Tracer Monitoring Unit) software.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructional and technical materials relating to procedures and safety; and applicable government regulations. Ability to write applicable reports and correspondence clearly. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other third parties present on work sites.
Basic math skills required including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where no supervision and/or limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
- Certifications in Radiation, Well Logging or Subsurface Tracer Operations preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee may be required to travel by air, sea, and public/private ground transport. Employee will be required to work at both onshore and offshore oil and gas well sites.
- The working environment will result in the employee being exposed to various weather conditions in an outdoor environment, sun, heat, wind, cold, rain and etc.
- Employee will be expected to heed weather conditions and prepare accordingly. Safety and clothing for harsh weather conditions and work related safety accessories will be provided.
- Employee may be required to work and travel in climate and non-climate controlled environments. All appropriate precautions will be taken to ensure the facilities conform to HSE standards and regulations.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.