Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Up to £35.00 per annum
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Middle East
Position Title: Fund Manager
The establishment of the Charitable Organisation to promote the concept and practices of social responsibility in Muscat.
The objectives of the foundation include providing charitable and public benefits as stipulated in the areas of work specified in its Articles of Association, paying attention to raising the standard of living of the families of social security and low-income families in the region, spreading and establishing social responsibility concept among businesses in the Al Wusta Governorate.
- Design and develop a framework through which the Fund can participate in the development of the local community in areas such youth empowerment initiatives, learning and education, health & sports, arts and culture and environment.
- Identify risks or opportunities and introduce the appropriate organizational decision makers.
- Detecting emerging issues, understanding their potential importance to the company.
- Actively engage with stakeholders (government agencies, ministries, local non-governmental organizations to seek projects ideas and ensure a wider benefit and reach of the CSR projects.
- Lead the annual plan for community engagement, including raising awareness about the Fund and development of engagement of volunteers from member companies to support CSR initiatives in the focus support areas such as youth empowerment initiatives, learning and education, health & sports, arts and culture and environment.
- Receive requests relevant to Social Investment and evaluate them against the policy and follow up regularly on projects conducted and ensure that the projects are meeting the set objectives.
- Lead on moving the Fund toward compliance. Ensuring projects are features prominently in fund's external and internal communications to build reputational capital and engagement.
- Design strategies to maximise the opportunities to engage member companies in volunteering opportunities with national level partners agencies through initiatives in the areas of youth empowerment initiatives, learning and education, health & sports, arts and culture and environment.
- Oversee the development of a robust CSR strategy.
- Manage the annual budget cycle, forecasting and key social performance contracts.
- Deploy social performance resources according to project requirements and provide input into project planning
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- A Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Social Sciences ,communication, Arts, or equivalent
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in handling corporate social responsibility in a reputed organization. Minimum 6 years in similar role.
- Understanding of key human rights issues associated with large infrastructure construction programmes as well as standards on Human Rights (as they pertain to the energy sector).
- Knowledge of the interaction between project activities and social impacts (including host country development, local and regional livelihoods, economic displacement, community safety and in-migration).
- Technical skills in baseline acquisition and management planning. Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive customer service focused attitude with the ability to infuse stellar internal and external customer service.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data as well as maintain accurate data reports
- Experience actively building and maintaining strong relationships with business professionals and organizations
- Proven ability to manage complex matters in a transparent and inclusive fashion
- Ability to identify and select appropriate delivery mechanisms for social investment (i.e. project execution, partnerships, outsourcing, leveraging third party finance etc.).
- Ability to develop and implement strategies (including key stakeholder engagement) to secure the desired project outcomes and support objectives.
- Build and maintain a network of local stakeholders and informed parties.
- Ability to manage external consultants / advisors (as appropriate) to support key deliverables and build capacity.
- Awareness and sensitivity to diverse cultures.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.