Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: To define
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
RDS is a rig design engineering specialist working for oil and gas companies and major topsides and drilling contractors. As the engineering division of KCA DEUTAG, one of the largest international drilling contractors, our core business is to deliver a comprehensive drilling facilities engineering service at every stage of design, construction and modification.
Who We Are Looking For
KCA Deutag are currently looking for an experienced Senior Architectural Designer to join one of our projects located in London on an initial 8 month, contract basis.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, KCA DEUTAG Management Systems.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards.
- Supervision of Discipline Designers under own control, and for the quality of work produced by these discipline personnel.
- Production of cost effective design solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both KCA DEUTAG and the Client. Motivation of discipline personnel allocated to own area of responsibility to do similarly.
- Originating design documentation for allocated workscopes, e.g. drawings, sketches and bills of materials, and checking similar documentation created by others.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel and, if beneficial, carrying out presentations to site personnel of changes to their installation.
- Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
- Raising requisitions for purchase of engineered items and services, as directed by the Lead Discipline Designer.
- Inspections of onshore procured materials and fabrications, as required.
- Execution of work within manhour budget and time schedule.
- Early identification to the Lead Discipline Designer of areas of concern during the course of any project or study with necessary corrective action identified.
- Identification of increase or reduction in scope of work and advising the Lead Discipline Designer accordingly.
- Following discipline procedures for document control and use and retention of check prints / IDC comments prints as directed by the Lead Discipline Designer.
- Representation of KCA DEUTAG with Clients and Suppliers / Vendors in a professional manner.
Key Skills & Experience
- Must have proven experience in the design of new build facilities for the offshore oil & gas sector
- Must be proficient in the use of the following:
- AVEVA PDMS v12
- Aveva E3D experience would be advantageous.
- Microsoft office
- Drilling facility design experience would be advantageous.
- Must have good working knowledge of relevant codes and standards
What We Offer
- Competitive Rate
- Global Opportunities
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.