Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Cameron Surface Systems currently have an exciting opportunity for Field Service Specialists to join the team. Your main responsibilities will be to install, commission, maintain, retrieve and, where authorised, repair Cameron Surface Products as well as ancillary equipment according to company and client procedures as well as to undertake activities in an onshore and/or offshore capacity, as required.
Roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following.
- Position involves installation, removal and repair of new and used wellhead equipment including standard, modular, compact wellheads, Casing heads, Tubing heads, Tubing hangers, Tubing head adaptors, metal to metal and metal end cap seal assemblies, BPV,TWCV's, VR plugs, Xmas trees and Valves, gate and ball design. Chokes, manual and hydraulic.
- The position requires understanding of mechanics and hydraulic principles.
- Duties will include but not limited to: installation of wellhead equipment, running completions, hydraulic high-pressure testing, plastic packing injection, use of pneumatic casing cutter mechanical/ hydraulic torque wrench.
- The primary work location will be on/offshore drilling rigs/well sites with frequent overnight stays.
- The position requires a competent level of reporting, written and electronic, with frequent communication with supervisors/managers.
- The FSS is part of a team of dedicated aftermarket specialists.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical manuals and drawings is required.
- The FSS will be the focal point on the customers work location and will be required to work unsupervised and demonstrate the ability to work independently whilst maintaining high levels of company standards and ethics.
- The position requires the ability to assess and evaluate options based on company policies, supervisor expertise and similar experiences that may not be covered by specific procedures.
- Preferably Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Proven field service experience on surface wellheads and XMTs.
- Applicants need to have a calm, patient attitude and can interact with customer representatives and their delegates.
- Experience of installing conventional, compact and modular wellhead equipment.
- Experience of BPV/TWCV installation and removal with HP (High Pressure) /VR (Valve Removal) lubricator.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and assess situations that require team input and evaluate options based on sound principles and similar experiences.
- Proficient and comfortable in conversing and writing in the English language.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.