Minnesota, United States
Minnesota, United States
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Minnesota, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
• Communicating with the Project Manager to determine the specific requirements of a given work order, including the scope of work, deliverables, schedule, and budget for a particular assignment;
• Communication with the Project Manager, fabrication shops, contractors, and other third parties to resolve schedule issues;
• Ensure that the services provided are performed in accordance with the project requirements and contract with the client;
• Generate and process timesheets, billing reports, and inspection reports in an expeditious and thorough manner, complying with all applicable deadlines. All reports must be submitted typewritten using Microsoft Word/Adobe Acrobat and must be electronically transmitted to the Project Manager;
• Communicate information from the fabrication facility regarding upcoming assignments and potential work that Bureau Veritas could perform; and
• Maintain a positive relationship between Bureau Veritas, the fabrication facility, and the client
• Ability to work remotely from the established Bureau Veritas offices;
• Client oriented approach with emphasis on understanding and fulfilling the needs of the client;
• Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications;
• Excellent communication and documentation skills, with ability to communicate technical issues to the Project Manager, clients, and the fabrication facility. Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required; knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes preferred. Proficient use of modern communication and computer equipment including cell phones, laptop computers and digital cameras;
• Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work;
• Team player willing to work with clients, field staff, other Bureau Veritas offices, and the world wide Bureau Veritas organization
MUST have 3-5 years' experience inspecting Sign Structures
MUST have a background in handling Structural Steel / Bridge Fabrication inspections (D1.5)
MUST have extensive working knowledge and experience with D1.1 and D1.5
MUST have current AWS CWI Certification
Preferred: have NDT certifications (PT, MT, RT, and UT)
Preferred: ICC BOLTING CERTIFICATION
Preferred: NACE or SSPC Certification
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.