Skills: Business Development
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Plano, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Summary: The Manager of Business Development - Code Compliance reports to the Vice President of the region and will have responsibility for leading this business unit in developing and growing our Code Compliance and Building Safety business. This position will develop specific growth strategies to generate leads and market awareness directly leading to revenue growth in the Atlanta, Georgia market. This position will monitor and capture opportunities with governmental agencies and private developers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and directs the execution of a local/regional marketing plan in order to establish and maintain effective client profiling activities to identify opportunities.
- Develops and implements sales plans, objectives and forecasts, and directs the execution of approved sales plans, marketing programs, and promotional activities of new and existing services and products.
- Generates targeted annual revenue growth through leading direct sales activities including opportunity identification, pipeline management, evaluation, negotiations and deal execution, focusing on core services of code compliance / building safety services for municipal governments and private developments.
- Solidifies, strengthens, and proactively expands Bureau Veritas' relationships with our private industry clients.
- Drives the business development process by working with the operating teams in the proposal and interview processes including evaluating and screening RFP/RFQs and leads.
- Serves as a conduit for BV Network opportunities with and through other business lines.
- Documents sales activities in CRM, both completed and planned, to capture relationship histories and to drive the sales process forward while tracking KPIs.
- Monitors Sales KPIs for BVNA and divisions for calls, visits, and opportunity generation. Generates monthly reports of sales activities for review by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Science, Business or Marketing, with seven to ten years of experience in building safety with municipal governments. Experience with private third party firms is recommended. Professional Engineer, Licensed Architect or ICC Certifications desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current building codes, construction standards, material and methods, and their application.
- Deep understanding of municipal building safety and development processes and/or municipal experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead sales forecasting activities, budgets, and performance goals. Strong emphasis in acquisitions and development, valuations, and competitor analysis.
- Ability to use industry and customer research to develop sales proposals, pricing, discounts, budget forecasts, sales strategies and growth potential.
- Clear understanding of client procurement processes for code compliance and building inspection services related to infrastructure.
- Proven ability to balance multiple competing priorities, meet deadlines, be responsive and thrive in a team environment.
- Communication - Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, excellent presentation skills, able to communicate at all levels with both internal and external executives, regulators, and municipal officials.
- Leadership and Teamwork - Ability to interface and effectively work with various groups and cultures involved (partners, government, agencies, contractors, operations, etc.), and gain alignment to achieve objectives.
- Road Warrior - ability to travel 50% or more of the time.
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat). Advanced capabilities with Excel and CRM systems required; familiarity with ERP systems (Deltek) preferred.
An employee in this position typically works in an office environment with controlled climate. Outside office travel to construction job sites is included, but limited.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with computer systems for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.