Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform a full range of inspection and evaluation of residential and non-residential buildings and structures (which may include complex structural and non-structural components, including plumbing, mechanical, and electrical and fire protection systems) for compliance with the appropriate codes, other applicable regulations, and approved plans and specifications.
• Assist and advise the general public in matters relating to residential and commercial construction and code requirements
• Investigate complaints and make inspections of existing buildings to determine if hazardous or illegal conditions exist relating to residential and commercial buildings and their use.
• Prepare written reports; maintain records; issues notices to correct code violations and testify in court regarding violations.
• Read, research, and objectively explain and interpret building code requirements along with other laws pertaining to regulation of buildings, and tactfully communicate, orally and in writing, with the general public, while maintaining effective relationships.
• Independently recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations requiring the exercise of good judgment.
• Assist construction industry representatives and general public with permit needs.
• Perform various office and other duties as assigned; conduct business license reviews.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Job Qualifications and Education
Minimum acceptable education and experience:
Any combination of education or experience normally equivalent to:
Education - A high school diploma or equivalent, preferably supplemented by additional training in building inspection, structural engineering, or a related field. An Associate Degree in engineering, architecture, building inspection or related field a plus.
Must have at least two (2) years' experience as a building inspector.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
• Must possess and maintain ICC Building Code certifications including building, plumbing, mechanical and electrical.
• Must have a valid California Driver's License
• Knowledge of construction regulations as applicable.
• Works primarily in an outdoor environment which includes construction/project sites and requires moving about safely; climbing ladders, walking on uneven surfaces; stooping, crawling, working in difficult weather conditions (hot and cold), working in confined areas; and working around various construction equipment. Office duties include sitting for periods of time.
• Self-confident and multi-tasking. A planner and implementer. Organized and self-starting. Team oriented
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.