Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monaca, Pennsylvania, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
• The Inspector will act as a direct liaison between the technical and maintenance organizations and is expected to take a lead role in troubleshooting, determining root cause of complex process analyzer problems and developing technically sound solutions.
• The Inspector will be responsible for the execution of the Management of Change work process for reliability related improvements/changes (e.g. sample conditioning system improvements) with approval of Sr. Analyzer Engineer.
• Will support and assist in establishing and maintaining PM library and detailed PM text (procedures) for analyzers/QMIs.
• Will bring forward and implement programs/procedures to maintain exceptional analyzer equipment reliability.
• Assures compliance to approved Analytical Equipment list and other technical requirements.
• Supports the consistent implementation of the site's analyzer strategy.
• Participates in incident investigations related to analyzers.
• Contributes directly to finding root cause and resolution of analyzer bad actors.
• Acts as mentor and 2nd level support to analyzer maintenance technicians.
• Active in developing training material in Analyzers/ Quality Measurement Instrumentation (QMI) areas.
• Drives the process of sharing analyzer knowledge not only at the local level but across Shell.
• Ensures maximum reliability of analyzer equipment.
• Continue to meet existing as well as changing requirements from Regulatory and recognized Governing Industry Standards Association/Bodies.
• Assist the Sr. Analyzer Engineer and Maintenance Team Leads to develop, maintain and coordinate a training plan for analyzer technicians. Assist with coordination of on-site or off-site training by others.
• Recommends equipment upgrades and replacements when situations warrant it, such as high cost of maintainability, Obsolescence, loss of vendor support, more effective technological breakthroughs, etc.
• Participates in Factory Acceptance Tests & Site Acceptance Tests
• Assists with the maintaining the central repository for analyzers with technical manuals, system drawings, software, datasheets, etc.
• Shares in the collective responsibility of ensuring quality data (history, SQC charts, etc.) in the site's Analyzer Management and Data Acquisition System program.
Responsible for a multitude of sample conditioning systems and complex analyzer technologies to measure and control streams and side streams including HC's, CO, NOx, CO2, NH3, CH4, O2, etc. This includes exposure to different QMI technologies e.g. Gas Chromatography, pH, Conductivity, density, dew-point, moisture, Fire and Gas detectors. TOC, TDL, TRC, VOC, DO, and CEMS type of measurements.
• Associates or equivalent degree in Analyzer, Electrical, or Instrumentation with demonstrated leadership, knowledge and practical analyzer related work experience.
• At least five (5) years of experience in commissioning, operating and maintenance of sample conditioning systems and associated process analyzers including but not limited to GCs, pH, conductivity, Tunable Diode Laser, TOC, turbidity, etc.
• Experience in Analyzer Maintenance & Data Acquisition Systems
• Experience in a downstream manufacturing or technical support environment.
• Experience in olefins plants and/or in the polymer plants is a plus.
• Experience in analyzer maintenance execution and project support.
• Extensive knowledge of industry standards in Analyzer/QMI area.
• Demonstrated analytical and decision making skills.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Good work planning skills; mainly around scheduling and optimizing Analyzer PMs.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.