Skills: Petroleum Engineering
Other Skills: Prefers candidate with minimum 3 years recent relevant experience in Saudi Arabia
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- The Drilling Engineer provides an engineering interface with the client
- Accountable for preparing and executing efficient and cost-effective directional well plans
- Performs engineering duties as required to provide the client with well designs, conceptual engineering models, and detailed work programs for directional drilling operations
- Analyzes offset well information in order to advise client and field staff.
- Responsible for real-time anti-collision monitoring, prepares and maintains spider plots, 3D-proximity reports, ellipse of uncertainty reports and 3D interference plots
- Maintains and documents well plans, structure files, 3D-analysis, torque & drag, hydraulics and casing programs relating to ongoing field work and for development of future work
- Provides real-time monitoring and decision support to the drilling team with the aim of improving drilling performance
- Documents and reports all deviations from drilling program and QHSE policies to management.
- Evaluates all aspects of drilling performance and maintains database to capture and share lessons learned
- Responsible for technical investigation and follow-up of any service quality issue, ensuring the timely completion of reports and appropriate knowledge sharing
- Tracks and monitors key performance indicators (KPIs), to measure the quality and cost effectiveness of drilling performance
- Processes End of Well Reports and Logs and delivers to client
- Identifies areas where appropriate techniques and technology can be applied
- Supports service delivery & business development with technical expertise
- Works closely with Directional Coordinators to prepare appropriate materials for bid packages and to ensure the smooth operation of ongoing jobs that meet or exceed client expectations
- Manages personal development and keeps up-to-date on latest applicable technology
- Adheres to all QHSE standards in accordance with local regulations & client requirements
- Requires a Degree in Petroleum Engineering or similiar
- Minimum 6 years of industry related experience
- Knowledge & experience using Landmark package or equivalent well engineering software
- Experience with DrillScan software
- Attention to detail
- Driven and ambitious, committed to continuous improvement
- Fast learner, adapts to new problems and situations using logic to provide effective solutions
- Good listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Ability to simplify and visualize data and information to be able to present it clearly
- Proactive & team-oriented, works to develop systems, fix problems and create solutions
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.