Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position reports directly to the Petrophysicist Team Lead.
• Comply to Company's Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management System.
• Ensure that highest technical standards are applied in all petrophysical interpretations or studies.
• Pro-actively seek learning opportunities that allows the job holder to keep abreast of developments in well logging technology.
• Knowledge sharing with colleagues when possible in regards to data acquisition or interpretation techniques.
• Develop positive relationships with suppliers e.g. well logging and core analysis companies, to maintain service quality.
• Perform quick-look and advanced petrophysical analyses of Development, Appraisal and Exploration wells for volumetric assessments and reservoir characterization with associated uncertainties.
• In collaboration with Operations Geologists and/or Assets teams, contribute to the data acquisition strategy and design of logging programs and / or contribute to the design of core analysis programs (in collaboration with Geology and Petrophysics Discipline).
• Implement data quality control measures to maintain consistent acquired data quality and ensure quality of receivables from service providers.
• Contribute to the upkeep and organization of the Company's log and petrophysical database.
• Provide Petrophysical support to different projects/teams to achieve project & technical objectives and optimize cost.
• Provide technical support to the Assets during the opportunity maturation process, including support to well and pattern reviews.
• Provide image log interpretations according to company standards.
• Work with contractors, when required, to ensure that company best practices are followed and technically sound product is delivered.
• Make recommendations and provide technical analyses to team, line management, Team and Project leaders (Assets) and other disciplines.
• Review and document technical report and collaborate with all stakeholders to integrate petrophysical data and study results.
• Coaching & Mentoring of less experienced staff
• Represent company, when required, in committees and workgroups, presenting technical interpretations and recommendations
• Bachelor of Earth or Physical sciences (or equivalent) or higher degree with typically 5+ years of relevant work experience in Petrophysics and Formation Evaluation techniques in the Oil & Gas industry
• Skilled in Petrophysical evaluation of LWD logs.
• Skilled in Image log interpretation.
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplined environment with exposure to subsurface oil and gas operations.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work within tight time constraints while delivering high quality technical interpretations.
• Good written and spoken English.
• Demonstrated Knowledge of industry standard petrophysical data processing and interpretation software. Working knowledge of Techlog, is preferred.
• Petrophysical evaluation of Horizontal wells will be preferred.
• Experience of Petrophysical evaluation in carbonate reservoirs will be preferred.
• Working knowledge of core analysis techniques
• Working knowledge of Saturation height function methods & application
• Working knowledge with multiphase Production logs will be preferred
• Experience with integrated petrophysical studies and petrophysical modeling.
• Extensive knowledge of vendor tools and different data acquisition practices
• Knowledge of geo-steering of wells.