Skills: Directional Driller
Other Skills: Prefers candidate with vast experience as Directional Driller
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Reporting to the Directional Drilling Coordinator, the Directional Driller is responsible for supervising the entire directional drilling function and is the directional drilling expert at the well site.
- Responsible for Ryan Field Operations at the well site by representing Ryan in a positive and professional manner.
- Review Well Plan and communicate with client geologist, client engineer and/or other company representatives to discuss all changes deemed necessary.
- Selecting necessary tools to implement the Well Plan (includes drill bits, bottom hole assemblies, motor configurations and settings, etc.).
- Interpret the MWD information and apply drilling expertise, problem solving ability and drilling experience to ensure the well is executed according to the original well plan.
- Provide support staff with a daily progress report ensuring Operations management is kept informed of any potential problems.
- Provide and document an End of Well summary describing any problems encountered including recommended solutions.
- Ensuring safety policy is followed and enforced.
- Ensuring all paperwork is accurately completed and signed by the company representative.
- Mentor and train less experienced Directional Drillers as instructed by managers.
- Any additional duties assigned by management
- High School diploma
- Previous industry experience, with specific DD/HZ drilling experience
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Self-starter capable of working with little supervision
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States.
- Good interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- Strong desire to learn
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.