Skills: Field Comm / SCADA, Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Coca, Orellana Province, Ecuador
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Field Specialist - ESP is responsible for Electric submersible pump (ESP) installation, start-up, and troubleshooting. The position reports to the Field Manager.
Successful position holders will enjoy working outside in a range of weather conditions, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for installation, pullings, start-up, and troubleshooting of ESP.
- Implement new and ongoing field processes.
- Ability to follow standard work instructions and checklists to ensure efficient and correct completion of tasks.
- Self-motivated to stay informed about new and changing technology and procedures.
- Monitor operation of the ESP.
- Develop extensive relationships with clients to enable a long-lasting relationship.
- Interface with producers and rig crew on location
- Participate in the Field Service team to share knowledge and experience to raise overall team
- Pass on lessons learned about safety and installation processes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of specific experience as ESP Field Specialist.
- Technical Degree in any engineering area
- Knowledge of ESP, VFD and Switchboard setup.
- VFD troubleshooting is a plus.
- Familiar with electrical equipment.
- SCADA wiring as well as analog and digital instruments.
- Proficient with computers.
- Fluent Spanish and medium English level
- Eligible candidate must be able to work in Ecuador without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.