The Turnaround Engineer will work under the direction of the Turnaround Manager who is under the GM Maintenance, Projects & Turnarounds. The Turnaround Engineer will be the primary focal point to the asset for all work associated with the Turnaround events and will represent all aspects of the Turnaround phases (long term strategy, event strategy, scope collection & optimization, planning & scheduling, pre-execution optimization, execution window, post Turnaround & closeout) through completion as such.
•Deliver and Execute an integrated Turnaround Event schedule, milestones, reporting, and cost estimates for Turnarounds in the Gulf of Mexico in line Shell "Perform Turnarounds" Asset Management System requirements
•Identify and mitigate risks to Business Targets
•Deliver Cost Reductions and Competitive results
•Continuous Improvement/Optimization of the Turnaround Execution work Process
•Integration and optimization of Construction, Commissioning & Startup, Projects work Processes and deliverables for Gulf of Mexico Turnaround Events
•Development and implementation of Contract and Procurement strategies for Turnarounds
•Development working relationships with Operations and Discipline leads for optimum collaboration
•Primary leader offshore during and prior to Turnarounds to ensure a reliable asset is provided to the customer in the Safest and competitive manner
- Accountable to know what industry accepted "Best in Class" is for their area of responsibility and accountable for driving towards that level of performance, including annualized cost, duration, and scoping. This includes identifying and sponsoring capital projects to improve the maintainability of the units.
- Works closely with (partners with) the Gulf of Mexico T/A Manager to ensure that appropriate resources are dedicated to the planning and execution of the Turnarounds.
- Accountable for the safety performance of all personnel on assigned events.
- Responsible for delivery of the T/A event within approved premises. Delivery includes predictability within a competitive cost structure.
- Development of premises for assigned turnaround and delivery of those premises (with Steering Team), including proposed turnaround duration and cost targets and gap to potential closure plans
- Actively contributes and sponsors the development of the turnaround contracting strategy.
- Partners with Operations organization and support groups for scope definition
- Accountable for planning and execution of assigned turnaround events(s)
- Ensures that consistent planning premises are incorporated into the planning process - estimating tools, productivity factors, etc.
- Incorporates best practices and learnings from previous events
- Development of the staffing plan to plan and execute the assigned turnaround
- Ensure all scope is captured in a common system (i.e. SAP) - maintenance, local and major capital projects, turnaround projects, and other special emphasis program work - are integrated into a single schedule for execution.
- Development of T/A Milestone schedule consistent with AMS Perform T/A work process for high complexity turnarounds, including all optimization protocols - assurance reviews, schedule optimization shops, peer reviews, etc.
- Ensures the Turnaround Milestones are met with high quality deliverables.
- Ensure that all scope is risk assessed against accepted practices and established risk tolerances.
- Ensure that the turnaround schedule is integrated seamlessly with all activities - feed out to on spec, including shutdown, decontamination, execution, commissioning, and start up.
- Develops all Investment Proposals associated with turnaround event and is responsible for all aspects of spend and financial closure.
- Team Leader of the T/A Steering Team for assigned events.
- Ensures that all operational activities are executed included system level planning, consistent with AMS Perform T/A work process and appropriate "Quality" concepts.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- 5+ Years of industry experience with a bachelor's degree in a related Engineering discipline is recommended
- 5+ Years of experience with Turnaround Processes is required
- Able to travel offshore on an as-needed basis
- Demonstrated personal commitment to Safety as a Value is required
- Ability to lead teams and work assertively within cross-discipline teams. Excellent interpersonal skills, coaching Shell and third-party staff in multi-cultural environments.
- Ability to attain a HUET training and TWIC card.
- Ability to accomplish goals which require resources outside the span of control.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to build ownership toward the asset and maximize overall results.
- Work through others to achieve results
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines
- Manage projects and processes effectively
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are expected
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.