Civil/Structural Engineer Location:
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands Duration:
4-6 month assignment Start Date:
May 2019 Job Summary:
The Civil/Structural Field Services Engineer will be part of Field Services Team and will functionally report to the Lead Civil/Structural Engineer. The field engineering group will acquire a working knowledge of the engineering design standards and procedures, review and provide input to the engineering and procurement schedules, provide constructability input, and expedite the resolution of design problems in the field. Responsibilities:
- Providing input to the project's constructability program.
- Design of temporary construction facilities that may be identified during construction.
- Review construction work packages received from the home office and work with construction planners to review field installation work packages.
- Complete assigned action items from the construction readiness program for their assigned subcontracts that ensures all required engineering and design deliverables are in place to execute the work as planned, ensure all technical procedures and installation plans are in place and confirm with Material Management that all required materials I equipment are onsite and available to subcontractor for installation.
- Monitoring the storage and preventive maintenance program for the permanent plant equipment throughout the construction phase until turnover.
- Supporting preparation of the scope of work and assembling the applicable drawings, specifications, and vendor prints for field subcontracts.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in an operating facility (preferably a refinery or chemical plant) or a construction environment.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.