Skills: Project Management
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Software Project Manager
- Responsible for delivering the project(s), on time, on budget, and with the right specifications.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to work with the business and technical team to determine the scope of the project, product requirements, project plan and schedule, and assign activities to the team members responsible for delivery.
- Under broad supervision, manage one or more large internal, outsourced or customer-funded projects involving multiple disciplines, departments or centers.
- Develop and negotiate approval for the project charter and scope, assist financial analysis, ensure completion of technical and detailed product specifications, manage project creep and ensure complete and accurate project release.
- With collaboration, define project requirement and develop strategy and plan with execution schedule.
- Plan and frame the team structure based on available resources.
- Identify roles and responsibility of all resources and monitor progress and provide prompt feedback on performance of each individual with recommendation on improvement.
- Churn out external resources/vendors and tools that will be required in doing the project.
- Coordinate and maintain close communication strategy with other functions such as manufacturing, supply chain, operation, finance and business to ensure roles and responsibilities of each function is clear.
- Pinpoint the project stages and measure the task in progress at regular interval.
- Hold technical reviews, coordinate planning for validation of the product, conduct field test and commercialize the product. Experience in using Stage Gate product development process and ability to manage multiple projects is a must.
- Make corrective measures to overcome the possible causes leading to project delay.
- Make critical decisions to update plan and mitigate technical and non-technical risks.
- Report regularly on project progress with regard to budget, timeline, milestones, and deliverables.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum degree level Bachelors. Minimum work experience of 12 years.
- Experience in managing teams and projects (Minimum 6 years).
- Recommended degrees Computer Science or equivalent degree with requisite experience.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software in an R&D environment.
- Skills include experience with Agile SDLC, TFS or similar backlog management software, risk management assessments, and managing statements of work.
- Knowledge and experience in oil field operations is preferred.
- Advanced time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 73596
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Baroid
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.