Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Purpose and accountabilities:
About SCI Team
Core purpose of Strategy Consulting Insights (SCI) team is to provide credible and actionable insights, enabling strategy development and critical decisions. We achieve this by cost effectively combining data analysis with business/competitive intelligence across our products and services. We are the research and insights team of Strategy Consultancy.
About SCI Finance & Economics Team
The Finance & Economics team is accountable for delivering financial/economic insights to aid strategy reviews, operating plans, portfolio reviews, opportunity identification and competitive positioning. Key clients include Group Strategy, Planning & Portfolio, Upstream Strategy, NBD, and Strategy Consultancy.
Finance & Economics Advisor will be accountable for delivering individual workstreams of larger projects and end-to-end delivery of smaller projects. Developing financial & economic models per se is not the end objective, but to use that as a basis to deliver sound insights into strategy/portfolio/competitive positioning. These insights will be a component of strategy reviews mostly at VP+ level, with the Executive Committee and Board being the eventual target audience at times. He/she will manage delivery through hands-on data gathering, analysis and synthesis, and effectively coordinating with other SCI teams.
- Is involved in hands-on delivery of a cross section of complex projects. In addition, maintains familiarity about studies in his / her domain and actively contributes by providing inputs / information
- Brings good understanding and own perspectives of business environment and value chains in one or more areas of Upstream / Downstream / Integrated Gas
- Leads end-to-end delivery of assigned work streams in a large / complex project, or delivers medium size/complexity studies independently. Gets clarity on scope, plans own work, conducts own analysis, manages client interface, and reports out key recommendations in a structured way
- Proactively co-ordinates with members in own and other SCI teams to obtain the required inputs, and also disseminates data / knowledge from own area of work to these teams
- Takes guidance from senior team members and stakeholders on subject matter or functional skills
- Manages the relationship with clients at working level by building good credibility
- Builds own network in Shell to identify synergies, obtain / validate required data and viewpoints, and socialize findings to all relevant audience
Delivery Dimensions and expected Outcomes:
- Projects typically encompass financial and economic analysis across Upstream and Downstream and could involve the following:
- Financial modelling of companies to understand competitive positioning, identify early-stage NBD opportunities, identify distressed partners/suppliers, understand value drivers and competitive positioning in an industry
- Financial and economic analysis to support strategy and portfolio reviews, operating plans, strategic theme reviews
- Economic/commercial analysis to support consultancy projects during diagnosis (e.g. industry profitability) and during synthesis/implementation (e.g. optimizing business models)
These are 4-6 week studies and are VP/GM sponsored usually supporting strategy and portfolio reviews. These projects could require collaboration with various SCI teams to obtain required inputs and also with strategy and planning teams.
The role will require ability to respond to frequently changing timelines and scope, manage ambiguity of eventual objectives, balance attention to detail with ability to think strategically, and deliver quality content that can be directly presented to EC/Board
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Education and Experience
- Commercial / Technical degree; MBA would be an advantage, but a sound industry experience can compensate for not having an MBA
- Typically 5+ years of professional experience in Oil & Gas related industries/ Oil & Gas related research / consulting
- Financial modelling and petroleum economics
- Ability to analyse complex data and synthesize into meaningful insights
- Project delivery skills involving planning own work, delivering hands-on and coordinating with a wide set of teams
- Awareness of key trends and geopolitics in the Oil & Gas space
- High motivation levels and sense of accountability to deliver assigned components of work without close supervision. Flexibility to take adapt and improve based on feedback from senior team members and stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and influence when needed
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex issues and concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Stakeholder management involving client engagement on scoping, day-to-day working, reviewing quality and resolving issues on occasions
- People skills on easily working with a diverse set of team members
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video