Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Designs Engineer located in Salt Lake City, UT Utah/United States through (May 15, 2019) at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Provide plant engineering support for the routine daily operation of process units within the refinery. Support requires collaboration and interpersonal skills necessary to work with Operations, Maintenance, and Technical functions within the global refining system
• Scope/troubleshoot mechanical problems and issues, develop alternatives, and propose and implement solutions for long term reliability
• Develop and manage engineering work orders to improve reliability and throughput of process units
• Actively participate in the planning and execution of unit turnarounds, both planned and unplanned
• Answer technical inquiries, make technical recommendations, provide equipment and system troubleshooting, improve designs engineering tools and develop designs engineering procedures
• Carry out various studies to improve plant safety, reliability, and economics.
• Provide engineering analysis and evaluation of minor capital projects. In some instances, responsible for design, management and execution of minor capital projects
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil engineering
• Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience
• Able to plan and organize projects from inception to start up. Understanding of gated work process for projects is critical. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Understanding of estimating tools and cost control.
• Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas to a wide range of groups within the refinery. Good meeting facilitation skills. Ability to teach/mentor others.
• Strong ability to work well with other Refinery groups in cross-functional teams. Effectively interface with Operators, Mechanics, Supervisors, Construction Contractors and Management to complete projects on time and on budget to meet the business objectives.
• Ability to seek customer's needs and prioritize own work accordingly. Must be flexible to respond to Refinery support needs as priorities change with the specific business needs.
• Demonstrate model behavior including support for diversity, leadership, teamwork, and customer focus. Create and promote an environment of trust and teamwork through actions and own behaviors.
• 4-7 years of refinery and/or process plant engineering experience
• Experience in turnaround planning or capital project work
• A basic understanding of refinery/chemical processes/equipment and understanding of the interaction between refinery units
• Knowledge of the planning/business side of the refinery
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.