Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Technical Manager - Fire Safety Consultancy
Location: Home based with travel
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience, plus car / car allowance and excellent benefits package
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Ready to take the next step in compliance? We are looking for a Fire, Health and Safety Technical Manager to join the Technical, Quality and Risk (TQR) team at Bureau Veritas, a true leader in testing, inspection and certification services.
This is a vital role, acting as the technical authority in HSF for Bureau Veritas and our existing and potential clients. You will manage existing authorisations, approvals and notifications and apply the relevant regulations, standards and best-practice to ensure the competency of the HSF team is maintained.
Apply your skills, insight and experience to make sure this global leading organisation operates safely, our accreditations are used appropriately and ensure we drive the highest possible technical and ethical standards.
DEVELOPING STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
Acting as a trusted advisor to internal colleagues and key clients, you must be able to bring industry insight and regulatory knowledge together with a commitment to deliver service excellence as part of a true partnership approach.
- Promote Health & Safety Culture within the HSF discipline
- Support external accreditation assessments
- Define skill codes, manage existing authorisations, new approvals and notifications
- Act as Technical Focal Point for personnel and manage and monitor the competence of personnel
- Review inspection reports prepared by team members and prepare / issue certificates or reports to confirm compliance to the relevant regulations
- Analysis of results, QC and QA schemes, verification, validation & development of methods where appropriate
- Provide representation for Bureau Veritas at industry events and seminars, write technical articles for industry press and support with press releases
- Support Area Manager in the investigation of client complaints
- Responsibility for maintenance of technical procedures, forms, templates and guidance notes
- Validation of electronic methods for data collection
- Support recruitment of new resource conducting Technical reviews and interviews
- Design and deliver training modules to develop competency
- Manage non-conformances related to discipline to ensure that they are assessed, actioned, effectively closed out & reported
- Coach and mentor personnel as required
- Represent BV UK at UK, European and International meetings and committees where required
- Establish and maintain a high profile of technical support for the business needs
- Managing the existing Service Level Agreements, where applicable, with other BV Countries to allow them to operate under UK UKAS accreditation
- Keep up to date with developments in Standards, Legislation & guidance.
- Provide fee earning services to customers as applicable
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Candidate requirements include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Chartered member of IFE
- Member of IOSH
- Significant industry experience
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements, best-practice and standards for technical, quality and risk
Personal attributes include:
- Technical expertise with a personal approach
- Commercial understanding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
A TRUE GLOBAL LEADER
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Co mprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.