Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Chief Electrician is responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment on the rig and camp. He manages the Electrical team. Service quality, job preparation, planning and safety are key priorities.
- Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all members of his team.
- Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Completes formal training sessions on QHSE and technical subjects as described by the Training Matrixes for the position.
- Obtains certifications as required for duties assigned.
- Maintains all equipment in good, safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on electrical equipment around the rig and the camp in coordination with the Chief Mechanic and the Rig Manager.
- Is fully familiar with preventive maintenance programs in place.
- Writes analytical reports.
- Support the development of employees working under his supervision and act as a mentor.
- Set annual objectives for employees working in his team and review them periodically.
Participate in QHSE audits are required.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Industrial Electrical or Electronics certificate or equivalent.
- Has 5 years + field experience as a Chief Electrician with similar type of equipment onshore or offshore on an oil well drilling rig.
- Has attained a proficiency level for the position based on the Competency Catalog.
- PLC experience, programming, trouble-shooting problems, etc. - Siemens PLC, etc.
- AC VFD experience - Eaton, Yasakawa, etc.
- Generator control experience - Woodwards Easygen, etc.
- Control system experience - Omron, amphion, NOV, etc
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Is a relentless and versatile learner
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients both written and verbally.
- Has the ability to work independently, exercise leadership, and set a safe work example to his team
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.