Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Stonehouse, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Apply engineering skills to develop, implement and test components for the operation and control of our complex electro-mechanical systems. Our tools are extremely complex as they might have to operate for periods in excess of 200 hours in extreme environments - high temperature (200 C), extreme pressure (30,000 Psi) and shocks (500 G's) - up to 30,000 ft from the rig, communicating with the surface through various methods.
- Within a multi-disciplinary team, you will collaborate with other experts (electrical engineers, software engineers, mechanical engineers, physicists, designers, etc) to design the system.
- Perform technical planning for system integration, test and validation, authoring of functional specifications, and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven working experience in electrical engineering
- MEng or MSc in Electrical &/or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent qualifications)
- Demonstrate ability in the following areas:
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.