Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Harvey, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
1.0 SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk manages day to day activities associated with shipping and receiving of goods purchased for all applicable work groups. Manages all incoming repairs sent to outside services for repair. Responsible for manifesting, tracking and documenting certifications and calibration records for all equipment sent out for repair.
Responsibilities include tracking, documenting and completing required paper work for shipping and receiving as well as documenting maintenance, inspection and calibrations performed on equipment. Verifying items shipped or received match receiving tickets or Material transfers.
Essential job duties include:
- Supports, complies with, and participates in the HSE Program.
- Manages the day-to-day activities associated with incoming and outgoing goods.
- Performs continuous improvement process reviews to update and improve safety and daily operations.
- Completes paperwork for incoming and outgoing goods, keeps desk file for all transactions.
- Inspects all incoming and outgoing packages to verify paperwork matches.
- Notifies the Procurement Department if there are any discrepancies regarding goods received.
- Establishes or adjusts work practices to meet internal customer needs.
- Recommends measures to improve functions of Shipping and Receiving.
- Analyzes and resolves shipping issues, and/or assists in solving related issues.
- Conducts assigned tasks safely and incident free.
- Exercises STOP WORK AUTHORITY whenever unsafe conditions, practices, or at risk behavior is observed.
- Conducts and participates in weekly safety meetings.
- Takes calls once per month, or as needed.
- Supports and participates in the organization's Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001 requirements by complying with Quality Policies and Procedures and meeting Quality Objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
HSEQ Roles and Responsibilities include the following:
- Take an active role in compliance with HSEQms.
- Actively participates in the HSEQ Meetings, Job Safety & Environmental Analysis (JSEAs), Work Observations and Hazard Recognitions processes.
- May assist supervisor in carrying out equipment HSEQ inspections.
- Must report all incidents, including Near Miss incidents, to the Supervisor immediately.
- Maintain all safety training.
- Must abide by any/all local, state, and federal regulations and to company policy.
- Support and participate in the organization's Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001:2015/14001:2015/ISO 45001:2018 requirements by complying with the HSEQ Policy and procedures and meeting HSEQ objectives.
- Understand the implications of not conforming to the HSEQms requirements and not fulfilling the organization's compliance obligations.
- Understand appropriate actions to remove themselves from work situations that they consider present an imminent and serious danger to their life or health, as well as the arrangements for protecting them from undue consequences for doing so.
2.0 EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants for this position should possess a one year or two year certificate from a technical school; or five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Forklift Operator certificate required.
3.0 KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of organization
- Math Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, fractions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions and correspondence.
- Minimal computer skills required: Word, Excel, and Outlook
4.0 PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee must lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance, and 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment, including hearing protection, safety glasses, and respiratory protection if required.
- Must be capable of working rotating day and night shifts 7 days a week, on call 24 hours a day.
- Must be able to pass the required physical examination and drug test.
5.0 WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is performed the majority of the time in an office type environment.
- There are few if any hazards associated with this type of work.