Houma, Louisiana, United States
Houma, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck, Cementing, Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Essential job duties include:
- Rigging up equipment as directed.
- Performs general housekeeping and maintenance duties as directed.
- Handles necessary types of tools and equipment for performing project duties.
- Performs work as a crew member where each is dependent upon others for safe operations and emergency evacuation.
- Ability to communicate with fellow crew members and supervisors by demonstrating respect and consideration for one another, contract personnel and visitors.
- Demonstrates reliability by reporting to work on time and can work 24 hour call out schedule.
- Supports and participates in the organization's Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001 requirements by complying with Quality Policies and Procedures and meeting Quality Objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities include the following:
- Take an active role in compliance with EPIC HSEQms.
- Actively participates in the HSEQ Meetings, Job Safety & Environmental Analysis (JSEAs), Work Observations and Hazard Recognitions processes.
- May assist supervisor in carrying out equipment HSEQ inspections.
- Must report all incidents, including Near Miss incidents, to the Supervisor immediately.
- Maintain all safety training.
- Must abide by any/all local, state, and federal regulations and to company policy.
- Support and participate in the organization's Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001:2015/14001:2015/ISO 45001:2018 requirements by complying with the HSEQ Policy and procedures and meeting HSEQ objectives.
- Understand the implications of not conforming to the HSEQms requirements and not fulfilling the organization's compliance obligations.
- Understand appropriate actions to remove themselves from work situations that they consider present an imminent and serious danger to their life or health, as well as the arrangements for protecting them from undue consequences for doing so.
Knowledge and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate the following:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form when applicable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance and will also frequently stoop, kneel, bend crouch or crawl and walk on uneven surfaces.
- The employee must be able to swing on a swing rope to board offshore and structures/vessels.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance and up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job, including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be capable of hearing audio warning signals.
- The employee must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment, including hearing protection and safety glasses.
- Position requires working long strenuous hours.
- Position requires riding in a helicopter and/or crew boat.
- Position requires riding in a personnel sling/basket between vessels, structures, etc.
- Must be able capable of working rotating day and night shifts with a minimum of 12-hour duration.
- Must be able to pass the required physical examination, WorkStep work capacity evaluation and drug and alcohol test.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions ranging from freezing to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Works and lives offshore with limited medical care access.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.