Our Client is currently looking for an Associate Buyer for a 1 year contract based in Chatham Ontario.
- Provide SAP (Materials Management (MM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Contract System (Ariba)) expertise and support to client base including database management/maintenance for materials and vendors, miscellaneous report preparation, and inventory strategy.
- Support Purchase Orders/Service Orders based on material or service requisitions, ensuring company policies are met.
- Provide support for warehouses, including Operations and Contractor warehouses for all material related activity (requests, transfers, receipts, relocation/disposal of surplus/obsolete material, inventory control expertise, quarantined material segregation and recalls).
- General procurement activity including policy interpretation/clarification, price comparison and analysis, department telephone support and administrative support as required.
- College/University/Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or 3+ years of experience.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SAP).
- Minimum 2 years' experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- 2 years of relevant experience in natural gas, oil & gas, or power industry.
- Negotiation skill
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.