Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Participate in the establishment of the Culture of Care and the achievement of Goal Zero
- Performance manage delivery in accordance with the Projects Performance Management Plan (PPM) and the contract
- Ensure compliance to Project Specific Standards, Plans, Procedures relevant to Project Services
- Support delivery of FID and Execute readiness for Project Services
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for major, complex projects. Develop the list of plans required to execute the project and their hierarchy relationship. Drive, manage and ensure completeness of the development of the activities, logic, resources and progress for the integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline and its subsequent maintenance.
- Instigate, develop and reinforce the planning and progress monitoring procedures to ensure that each element of the project performs the processes timely and consistently.
- Own the overall schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses. Develop status reporting framework and implement throughout the planning hierarchy. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Management.
- Review scope change requests for the impact on schedules and the critical path of the project. Prepare reconciliation between earlier schedules and the current schedule. Consolidate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and "What if scenarios" to aid project management decision-making.
- Liaise with and challenge Senior Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Contribute to the development of contract strategies documents. Ensure that all contract key dates and milestones align with the overall integrated plan. Evaluate bid schedules and review contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of the project's risk profiles and translate these into the plans using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate. Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion, float consumption and the release of the 50/50 schedule contingency.
- Implement, ensure compliance and utilize the Shell standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and conduct benchmarking activities.
- Deliver close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lesso
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of industry experience in lead planning positions.
- Experience in managing small teams of junior personnel.
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications.
- Fully versed with Planning principles and techniques and Primavera P6.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video