- Participate in the establishment of the Culture of Care and the achievement of Goal Zero;
- Performance manage delivery in accordance with the Projects Performance Management Plan (PPM) and the contract.
- Effectively support meeting the objectives of Right First Time (RFT), LCLNG Operations Excellence based quality program, and accountable for the application of the project quality processes.
- Ensure a Starting Strong Staying Strong philosophy on the project, with focus on the risk management complexity and exposure.
- Ensure compliance to Project Specific Standards, Plans, Procedures relevant to Project Services
- Support delivery of FID and Execute readiness for Project Services.
- Sound understanding of and ability to apply both qualitative and quantitative Risk Management theories, tools and techniques. Identify appropriate responsible parties for risk ownerships and allocate register entries. Structure risk management system and encourage team to populate;
- Facilitate and implement risk management workshops within Project and Venture teams.
- Maintain and manage risk registers with the aid of Company's portfolio risk management tool (EasyRisk)
- Interface with project team members to discuss and challenge risk status and close out references;
- Plan and perform probabilistic Cost & Schedule Risk analysis. Collaborate with planner to build project schedule model and cost models, map Technical, Economic, Commercial, Organization and Political risks to appropriate model elements and quantify the impacts to duration/cost ranges. Assess and establish appropriate probability distributions for each element;
- Interpret and explain the Cost Schedule & Risk Analysis output including recommendations to manage risks and develop presentation material to explain the results and key cost and schedule risk areas to Project Leadership and Review teams.
- Develop overview reports on a project and/or portfolio basis outlining the status of risk/opportunity for management.
- Facilitate decision analysis when needed to support risk management.
- Commercial mindset to guide project teams in development of effective response actions and perform cost benefit analysis of project risk response strategies;
- Participate and contribute to the Risk Management Network to support functional developments to drive towards improved risk management and a digital workplace.
- Liaise with, and challenge, Senior Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key Technical and Non-technical sensitivities and drivers.
- Contribute to the development of contract strategies documents surrounding risk allocation and project's risk profiles to translate these using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate. Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion, and the release of the 50/50 schedule contingency.
- Deliver close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree holder Engineering, math, science, statistics or similar degree preferred.
- 8+ years of industry experience in leading Risk Management and Project Delivery.
- Experience in managing small teams of junior personnel.
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications.
- Proficiency in risk register tools, Primavera Risk Analysis (@Risk) or Crystal Ball, Palisades Decision Suite, Acumen suite, EasyRisk or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate strong facilitation skills and the ability to influence an audience with factual basis underpinning arguments.
- Ability to understand oil, gas, new energy individual project scopes and business objectives to facilitate effective risk management with a commercial mindset to deliver on project objectives.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.