Skills: Design Engineer, Installation Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Hydraulic Design Engineer
Our client provides services focused on the offshore handling systems. For their team in Glasgow they require an experienced Hydraulic Design Engineer.
Brief scope of responsibilities
• Prepare hydraulic circuits and specifications for hydraulic equipment
• Cooperation with Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to develop operational and control philosophy
• Ensure all engineering activities are completed in compliance with applicable design requirements
• Liaise with Third Party Inspection Authorities
• Ensure products are manufactured in accordance with all client and in-house quality requirements
• Support workshop during equipment assembly and testing
• Occasional site installation, commissioning and testing support
This will be a client facing role.
We would like to hear from candidates with solid design experience mixed with site / installation exposure.
• Ideally degree qualified, in an engineering discipline
• Good grounding in design and development of hydraulic systems
• Experience in the Design of hydraulically actuated equipment and design of Hydraulic Power Units
• Knowledge of modern design drawing techniques, competence in the use of Solid works would be preferred.
• Commercial understanding and experience of projects planning/management
This will be a contract role, with a view of becoming permanent.
Ably Resources is an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job! We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services.
Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge. We work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independent companies through to global blue chip organisations.
Our aim is to build and maintain long-term working relationships with our clients. Employers can trust us to offer tailor-made and cost-effective solutions to their recruitment problems, and jobseekers can trust us to deliver a discreet and dedicated service that will help them make the very best of their specialist skill-set.