The primary intent of the Wells Supervisor is to support in Shell's Drilling, Completion or Well Interventions field operations.
The individual is expected to adhere to all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) standards, as HSSE is critical to all aspects of Shell's operations.
- Lead daily HSSE meetings and assessments to drive HSSE performance in the field
- Planning, supervising, documenting and driving performance in well activities
- Coach and mentor new staff during field assignments & internships
- Tracking costs and managing budgets
- Manage well handovers/handbacks between Shell organizations
- Support implementation of new techniques and technologies
- Work as part of an integrated team to delivery safe well performance
The individual must complete either the Shell Wells Advanced Technical Program (inclusive of 2 formal exams and a 12-month office assignment in Calgary) or the Shell Wells Diploma Program (2 formal exams, abbreviated program) - dependent on the individual's experience level. Please note that although engineers are welcome to apply, this program is NOT intended for individuals seeking engineering roles within ShellCompany Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Preference for 2-year technical diploma or 4-year Bachelors degree
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer without requiring sponsorship.
- Minimum of 5 years' well supervisory experience in drilling, completion or well intervention activities.
- Must have solid experience demonstrating leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory requirements and industry recommended practices for onshore drilling and completion operations.
- Ability to work across diverse cultures and backgrounds and virtual teams.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs including email, Microsoft-related applications, and some Shell-specific web-based programs.
- Must be committed to participating in the Shell Wells Advanced Technical Program (~3 yr) or Shell Wells Diploma Program (~1 yr) - assignation dependent on previous work experience
- Willingness to work a 2-week on 2-week off rotation in a field operations environment which will be onshore
- Willingness to fully embrace Shell's Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) policies and programs.
- Willingness to support Shell's policy of a drug-free and harassment-free work environment.
- Willingness to work at heights, climb ladders/stairs and walk on high elevation grating as needed and work in all weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Willingness to travel to/from home to work location prior to start and after end of each rotation, including remote onshore location (Shell will reimburse or provide all related travel and living expenses for each rotation. Shell-provided housing may be provided, may require accommodation sharing, and may be located at the well location).
- Willingness to submit to and obtain satisfactory results from hair follicle drug testing.
- Willingness to submit to and achieve satisfactory results on all background and medical checks.
- This role is a great fit for a junior military officer or enlisted rank of SGT or higher with a technical background and leadership of small teams.
- Solid knowledge of Algebra is a must.
- Current driver's license is required
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.