Skills: Cost Engineer, Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Support the Project Manager during the project lifecycle to maintain the project on within the approved budget and risk safe through a suitable and effective control organization.
- Organize and maintain the best integration between scheduling and cost control and Risk Management Functions ensuring that any activity is carefully planned and controlled in terms of time, budget and scope of work.
- Create a schedule/cost/risk awareness atmosphere among all project participants.
At Project initial phase:
- Design and setup the project control system according to the specific project complexity, contract requirements, the commercial dossier, the risk analysis outcome, tuning, together with the PM, the con use philosophy and the best strategy, advising the most suitable structure of the Project Control team in order to achieve the control goals
- Be responsible for issuing the Project Control procedures (as deemed necessary depending on project complexity), the project WBS, the Risk and Opportunity Management Plan, the Contract Master Schedule, the internal Control Budget, the Cash Flow
- Supervise and ensure the coherence between the cost control and scheduling systems
- According to the corporate standard and the PM / Project Procurement Manager, specify the Project Control requirements to Subcontractors and Vendors to be included in the bid proposal documents in order to maintain a close control of progress, schedule and performance
- Be responsible for the Document Control System setup and coordinate the implementation of all information and application systems required.
- Address interface system requirements (e.g. Administration, Procurement, Engineering, ICT), ensure the implementation of the risk management methodology.
During Project execution phase:
- Maintain the Project Control System together with the risk analysis ensuring it works effectively and Project Status is soundly assessed and reported with reference to project baselines and Control Budget which shall be promptly revised according to variation orders agreed. Progress shall be timely measured and schedule and cost forecast shall be consistent and regularly reviewed reflecting the most updated information and current trends. Project performance shall be clearly assessed and analyzed while any deviation will be timely reported to PM and to any Project member responsible for decision-making ? Ensure that reports required by the Client (including backup for client invoicing) and by internal procedures are regularly issued
- Direct, coordinate and supervise the work of the Project Control team, fostering and developing a team spirit and ensure that all Team members have a clear understanding of the control philosophy and system, the contribution they are required to give and their role and commitment about schedules and costs
- Foster the proper implementation of both the project risk and opportunity management system and the company Golden Rules and Silver guidelines, supporting the Project Management during the project lifecycle
MINIMUM 2 years' experience in Project Control in all aspects of cost control and planning
MS Office, MS Project, Primavera P6, SAP
Engineering or Management Degree
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.
Saipem is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.