Michigan City, Indiana, United States
Michigan City, Indiana, United States
Skills: Contracts Administration, Logistics Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Michigan City, Indiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The logistics supervisor will direct, manage and coordinate logistics at the Michigan City, IN manufacturing site. This includes warehousing and transportation activities with close relationships to the customer service team.
The logistics supervisor will ensure products will be delivered on time, in full (inbound and outbound) to meet business needs and customer requirements, both internal and external.
Managing costs, HSSE risks, process capabilities, product quality and regulatory requirements shall always be considered prior to shipping product.
- Supervises day-to-day logistics operations at manufacturing facility with team of logistics operators, ensuring a safe working environment, with appropriate focus on housekeeping and Goal Zero mindset (heavy rail transport with inventory in silos)
- Responsible for managing all warehouse activity for the site: both on site and off site, including personnel (supervise, coach and train staff as needed), inventory and product movement, equipment, and storage
- Monitor shipping/receiving (including raw materials) for quality and accuracy (ex. Labels)
- Overall responsibility and oversight of WMS implementation, as needed
- Cost Mgmt: Maintain site logistics costs and volumes budget (including any external touchpoints) and follow up on any discrepancies. Look for reduction opportunities
- Liaise with production planning team and logistics counterparts at other manufacturing sites to coordinate transportation to/from site and work together to investigate any subsequent customer concerns
- Ensure compliance with road transport regulations & product labelling and manage/coordinate relabelling due to re-classifications with Product Steward guidance
- Safety & Quality Mgmt: Participate in audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Responsible for road transport, rail, and maritime safety management and overseeing any updates to current programs and enforcement with contracting base
- Contract holder for relevant logistics contracts both on site (rail cars and trucking) and off site (subject to future workstreams)
- Develop appropriate KPIs to measure success
- Connect with global logistics/Customer Service team to share best practices and further the continuous improvement journey: supporting future workstreams to support business growth
- Ensure company compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials, REACH, and ISO requirements
- Overall rail fleet management and execution of rail car strategy
- Manage third party suppliers alongside CP for warehousing and transportation needs, if required, at site
Any other duties assigned by manager
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years related logistics/manufacturing experience, or work equivalent
- Prior experience with warehouse management, freight forwarding, international and domestic shipping (incl. rail), and other logistics functions is required
- Sound judgment and logical decision making
- Resourceful/Inventive/Creative/Innovative person to make recommendations and/or implement initiatives that support business strategies
- Ability to work effectively in the face of changing priorities, both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Maturity/Self Discipline and the ability to work as part of a self-directed, globally located work team mandatory.
- Broad industry knowledge/awareness of hazardous materials regulations, import/export regulations, REACH, and compliance, logistics, inventory, and accounting principles
- PC Competency - working knowledge of various PC software, including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP system and SAP WMS system
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Unpredictable workload; must adapt to sudden shifts in workload demand and delegate responsibilities effectively
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video