Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Pipe Fabrication Fitter for a 6 month contract position, located in Dyce, Aberdeen.
Assist the Welding Foreman, Supervisors and Chargehands achieve the quality and delivery expectations required from the Fabrication department in the manufacture of company products. This needs to be carried out as per production schedules, safely and in the most cost-effective manner.
- Cutting casing to size using oxygen / acetylene flame cutting in preparation for assembly
- Grinding clean end weld bevels of casing in preparation to tack weld components as instructed by work orders and following procedures using alignment telescopes ready for welding
- Maintain Company's high standard of quality
- Working within Company's (Europe) Ltd specification, procedures and guidelines whilst maintaining quality and efficiency in a safe working environment
- Maintaining good housekeeping in immediate work area and workshop in general
- Support and assisting, to the best of your ability, in the development, training and progression of new techniques, processes, systems and work practices
- Working in other Fabrication departments to assist with multifunctional tasks as and when operational requirements dictate
- Maintaining plant and equipment
- Participate in HSE initiatives
- 3G GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) for tack welding
- Experience using Oxygen / Acetylene flame cutting equipment
- Previous experience using alignment telescopes
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings
- Previous experience within a fabrication / manufacturing environment
- Health and safety conscious
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work shift patterns
Valid forklift certificate