Worley are recruiting a Senior Planning Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for a 4 month duration.
- You will join the Project Controls function which provides Project Control services on projects to include planning, cost control, document control and estimating.
- Project controls is involved in all stages of the project life cycle including Concept, FEED and the EPC phases subject to scope of requirements, to assist with providing these services, the Project Controls team utilises an in-house integrated project management system interfaced with proprietary systems where appropriate.
- Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of the project planning system and procedures.
- Delivery of an appropriately detailed and robust schedule for either a large sized project or a large sized sub-element of a major project.
- Maintain the schedule and report and variances or issues related to it.
- Support Lead Planning Engineer with any contract specific reporting or tasks.
- Carry out all works in compliance with Corporate and Project specific procedures.
- To supervise, guide and advise the less experiences members of the planning team on planning issues.
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley's values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
Required qualifications / certification:
- HNC or equivalent
- Primavera P6 102
- Primavera P6 106
- Level 5 QCF in Planning/Project Controls.
- Member of a Professional Institution.
- Previous Planning experience, responsible for a large sized project or large sized-sub-element of a major project.
- Specialist knowledge in project control system (Primavera P6).
- Previous experience in controlling, directing, supervising and managing the day to day activities of a planning team.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels up to top management.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills.
- Capable of setting up, managing and motivating a team to deliver the planning objectives and achieving targets/milestones.
- IT/Computer Literacy in particular Primavera P6 and Microsoft Excel.
- Understands and applies planning theory, process and best practices.
- Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agreed standards, systems, processes to meet the project and client requirements.
- Capable of managing and co-ordinated approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner. - Capable of the development and maintaining of performance targets.