Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PROJECT ENG SPECIALIST
Primary Purpose of Job
Responsible for leading and providing an independent and objective assessment and recommendation of future PEPS projects / commitments. Provides confidence and assurance that projects will deliver to their sanctioned business objectives in line with QP business strategies, projects delivery aspects which should be adequately addressed, and risk are satisfactorily managed where the project’s integrate suite of deliverables are accurate and complete enough to enable an informed decision to be made on whether projects should proceed.
1. Degree in an Engineering discipline from a recognized University; higher degree would be advantageous.
2. Membership in a recognized professional project management association/institution would be an advantage.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of (15-20) years relevant experience in engineering, project & portfolio management and execution of oil & gas projects.
- Have worked as a project manager in Oil&Gas (EPC)
- Have led/participated/coordinated a project assurance review
- Worked in international oil companies
- Experience managing teams in a project portfolio environment in resource/petrochemical industry as the client/owner.
- Familiarity with industry practices of stage gate reviews and independent assurance.
- Experience in coordination with various discipline Engineers and project practitioners during feasibility and concept optimization studies, FEED and EPIC.
- Experience in implementation of international best practices in project management.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.