Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: OIM, Engineering Manager, Production Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Karratha, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Australia & Oceania
Woodside is the pioneer of the LNG industry in Australia, producing 6% of global LNG supply. We have an outstanding base business of world-class assets and strong growth prospects - plus the experience, capability and vision to make things happen.
We're expanding our residential Karratha workforce as we create an integrated LNG production centre in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, the Burrup Hub.
A role with Woodside is more than a career. It's an adventure, with options to work across assets, disciplines, and products.
For more than 30 years, we've invested significantly in infrastructure, education and community initiatives that ensure the City of Karratha remains a great place to live, work and raise families.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the OIM is responsible for the strategic direction of the frontline operations and maintenance functions of the asset; managing safety, culture, performance and reliability to ensure Woodside maintains its licence to operate.
This position will be based residentially in Karratha, Western Australia and offers lots of opportunities, a great lifestyle and a family friendly roster that's one of the best in the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Site leadership; driving safety and performance excellence to deliver exceptional business outcomes
- Influence over the strategic direction of Production in areas including: asset reliability, safety, culture and cost performance; through effective decision making and communication with others
- Site controller under permit to work system and responsible for system implementation and conformance
- Leader in crisis management and emergency situations as needed
- Governance and assurance over operational activities including compliance to all legislative and regulatory requirements and Woodside business processes and standards
- Decision making in both long term strategy and daily production activities
- Management of operations resources to support asset, project and shutdown activities
Skills & Experience:
What we expect from you:
- You share and demonstrate the same values we do: integrity, respect, discipline, excellence, working sustainably and working together
- Previous experience as a Production Superintendent, either onshore, offshore or in a high-risk refining environment
- A demonstrated understanding of large scale LNG, chemical processing or refining operations
- You are a proven leader who has a demonstrated history of driving and shaping safety, an inclusive culture and excellent in teams ensuring exceptional business outcomes.
- Considerable experience leading/responding to crisis management/emergency response scenarios
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to influence, share knowledge with and coach others
- Ability to work with uncertainty with excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills including facilitation of a multi-discipline team to enable team problem solving
- Computer literate with the ability/interest in using new technology to achieve better outcomes
Recognition & Reward:
What you can expect from us:
- Work on world-class operating assets renowned for their safety, reliability and efficiency
- Commitment to your ongoing development, including on-the-job opportunities, formal programs and assistance with further education
- Values in action
- Industry-leading 16 weeks' paid parental leave for primary carer; plus secondary carer leave
- Active employee community groups for gender equality, reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, and LGBTI+ staff and allies
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Relocation assistance and company housing
- A competitive remuneration package, featuring performance-based incentives,above-industry superannuation contributions and a generous health insurance allowance.
Click APPLY to submit your application
Applications close at 11:59pm AWST on Sunday, 9 June 2019