Skills: Engineering Manager, Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
REGIONAL ENGINEERING ADVISOR
The Regional Engineering Advisor will be responsible for all technical aspects pertaining to the business within an assigned regional area (primarily Canada). This position requires a highly self-motivated individual capable of building, maintaining, and innovating a strong technical leadership role in the oil and gas community and internally within the company. Utilizing robust experience and technical understanding of completion technology will be essential in developing, presenting, and participating in the industry technical community. He/she will converse with other divisions within the parent group of companies; assisting when possible. This is a full time staff position based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with a small amount of international travel required, predominately to the USA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all technical reports
- Responsible to write, submit for acceptance, and present technical writings and papers at various technical meetings and forums.
- Participate and be active in all technical forums in regional area of responsibility
- Prepare and perform well reviews and technical advisement
- Provide technical support to the sales team in direct contact with clients
- Provide technical training to sales team to increase regional proficiency in understanding of specific productive horizons and plays
- Develop and maintain database library of case histories of value provided for dissemination to sales team and client presentations
- Work directly with client asset teams to provide completion diagnostic technical support and completion optimization advice
- Travel to field locations and observe/assist with frac tracing operations as necessary
- Travel to district field offices in Grande Prairie and Red Deer
- Travel to the USA
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- BSc Engineering (Petroleum preferred)
- 3 to 5 years' experience in the oil and gas industry
- Specific experience in completion operations and hydraulic fracturing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated professional and polite demeanor required
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Business Suite - Excel, PowerPoint, Word) required
- Proficiency in Spotfire is a strong plus
- Knowledge and skill in designing and running fracture model software.
- Experience with GOHFER and or FracPro is a plus.
- Experience in Reservoir Engineering with EOR exposure is a plus.
- A self-starter and capable of working on his/her own and in a team environment
- Physical requirements; use of arms, hands, fingers, visual, verbal, and auditory ability, frequent sitting, standing, walking, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work both indoor and outdoor as required
- Hold valid passport and be able to travel internationally
- Hold valid Driver's License and provide Driver's Abstract
- Must be legally able to work for any employer in Canada
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.