NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading International Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has a permanent opportunity for an Geologist Modeler for an Expat position to be based in the Middle East - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
As the successful applicant you will have the experience to integrate all characterization data to ultimately construct a 3D geological property model.
You will have extensive experience in subsurface mapping, utilization of various modeling applications, and packages (Petrel, GOCAD, and Roxcar).
You will have in-depth experience in geostatistical modeling techniques, be familiar with reservoir simulation, and the upscaling of geological models. Duties & Responsibilities
- Duties & Responsibilities :
- You will be required to perform the following:
- Construct 3D reservoir geocellular models; create subsurface maps; use modeling packages (Petrel, GOCAD, and Roxar); and integrate geologic, geophysical, petrophysical, and dynamic data into a geocellular model.
- Integrate diverse datasets into a model to be used for field development, well placement, reserve estimates, history matching, prediction forecasting, and risk assessments.
- Work across multidisciplinary teams, and be required to assess reservoir stimulation, and the upscaling techniques of geological models.
- Make critical decisions, and solve any problems with regards to Geological modeling, and update and maintain geological models with newly drilled and acquired data.
- As the successful candidate you will have a Bachelor's degree in Geology.
- You will have 10 + years industry experience, including a minimum of 6 years' experience with 3D reservoir geological modeling.
- Previous experience in reservoir geology, drilling operations, field development, sedimentology/stratigraphy, or structural geology is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world's leading Exploration Oil & Gas Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with expat premium, housing, schooling for children, retirement savings, pension, 100% covered medical benefits for family, flights back home, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Louise Fitzpatrick. Please note these roles are open to American and Canadian nationals only.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.