Skills: Facilities Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Competentia seeks a Mechanical Engineer for a position in Belle Chasse, LA
Responsibilities may include:
• Providing technical support to operations to ensure the safe and reliable continued running of the refinery.
• Monitoring, evaluating, and recommending corrective actions for improved equipment performance.
• Troubleshooting equipment problems as well as developing and implementing solutions.
• Managing numerous (?20) projects/activities meeting all deadlines.
• Developing all mechanical design work for minor to intermediate size projects.
• Developing cost estimates and business justification for improvement projects as well as their own recommendations.
• Specifying, bidding, procuring, and installing replacement fixed equipment such as vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, piping, piping components, etc.
• Reviewing proposed mechanical designs, by others, to ensure adequacy and constructability as well as applicable code/company standard compliance (ASME, API, REP, etc).
• Leading/participating in failure analysis of equipment.
• Providing oversight to construction and turnaround activities.
• Ensuring repairs and changes are in accordance with MOC and MI processes.
• Legally authorized to work in the job posting country.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
• Driver's License.
• 5 or more years of experience in a refinery/petrochemical-operating environment working in mechanical engineering design and/or maintenance.
• Currently hold or can qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
• 10 or more years of experience in a refinery/petrochemical-operating environment working in mechanical engineering design and/or maintenance.
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills needed to work in a team environment.
• Desired attributes include self-motivation, problem-solving, ability to work autonomously, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, databases, SAP, CAESAR II, and CAD.
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.