Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES!
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Check out this movie short showcasing our amazing laboratory located in Amherst, NY!
Receive samples from Test Assignment Department and accurately assign tests in a timely manner.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Receive samples from Test Assignment Department
- Assign tests based on protocol requirements
- Print applicable paperwork
- Distribute blue sheets throughout Micro department for all reports
- Work with labs and Customer Service Specialists to identify and correct any concerns or problems that arise
- Maintain procedures directly or indirectly pertinent to department
- Train fellow HL staff to serve as back-ups
- Become familiar with all HL product types
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication - written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize individual workload to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of general office equipment
- Proficient in MS Office and Lotus Notes
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly dependable
- Ability to work in a support role within a team
- Ability to works independently
- Problem solving skills
- Process improvement skills
- Individual and team work ethic
- Conduct all duties and responsibilities in accordance with applicable OSHA requirements
Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job
- High School Diploma and 3 years related experience; or
- 2 year college degree and 1 year related experience
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.