Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Câmpina, Prahova, Romania
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our team in Campina.
The design Engineer will be responsible for developing and completing design projects in order to meet customer specific requirements or the needs of the oilfield industry in general, in accordance with Cameron Engineering standards and procedures and industry standards.
- Analyze and develop Product designs to meet Customer`s needs having an awareness of good economic design and safety, both in manufacture and function.
- Create drawings and BOM's in conformity with customer specifications and Cameron standards, ensuring that all designs are done timely and accurately.
- Prepare design calculations to verify the products to meets the design requirements and standards.
- Participate to technical specifications and procedures preparing.
- Participate in Design Review meetings and Technical Contract review.
- Apply engineering principles and concepts in resolving issues as they arrive.
- Analyze technical solutions and establish non-conform products.
- Analyze and propose solutions to technical problems submitted by customers.
- Propose and realize cost saving projects.
- Utilize the Cameron Engineering Standards for choosing the material specifications and initiate requests for modification of them, when is necessary.
- Give assistance to the Sales & Marketing Department in identifying customer needs and in confirming existing product part numbers.
- Provide technical assistance during manufacturing process, until the products are installed.
- Submit new proposal ideas for products.
- Prepare documentation and upload in SAP program (PLM the engineering section).
- University Degree in Mechanical or Oilfield Equipment.
- Drafting experience.
- Good English Language skills.
- PC Skills (MS Office; SAP/ MRP Systems).
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Solid knowledge of materials specifications and processes.
- Abilities and knowledge to make calculations.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.