Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, Safety Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for a HES Supervisor to join the Environment team. Reporting to the HES Manager, Technical Services, this permanent role will be based in Perth with occasional travel to site as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage quarantine and provide leadership direction and technical advice about the Barrow Island (BWI) quarantine management system (QMS) across all operational locations ensuring the QMS is implemented consistently as per ministerial conditions
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships, providing technical advice about the QMS and ensure consensus on quarantine expectations in alignment with Ministerial conditions, BWI QMS commitments and host country requirements
- Manage performance of the QMS with the objective of continuously improving effectiveness, capital stewardship and operational excellence
- Manage biosecurity science (both terrestrial and marine) including early detection using a sophisticated surveillance program, diagnostics via a morphological and a new novel molecular analysis methodology, incursions and eradication programs
- Responsible for island incursion preparedness and associated training programs
- Measure and report on performance of contractors / vendors and supply chain operations, including investigations of procedural deviations and non-conformances, trends and patterns, verification inspections and validation activities, to ensure compliance with QMS requirements and drive improvement in quarantine performance
- Manage modifications to procedures and standards to address performance gaps and ineffective barriers
- Manage approvals process for quarantine management plans, ensuring alignment with QMS requirements
- Undertake regular strategic reviews and risk analysis to identify process improvements, maintain best practice, capital stewardship and operational excellence
- Coordinate regulatory agency audits of the QMS and provide technical expertise for quarantine matters - negotiate and lead close out of audit findings
- Provide technical quarantine advice in relation to planning and future approvals of operating assets on BWI and other assets
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated experience in managing a large staff and contractor portfolio
- In-depth exposure to policy, both internal and external
- Expert knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality decisions and ensure business objectives are achieved without imposing cost and reputation risk on Chevron
- Ability to provide expert technical advice and ensure alignment and adoption of the QMS requirements across the enterprise and wider contracting community
- Significant experience in management of change, development of different work processes and effective engagement across multiple jurisdictions both national and international
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest oil and gas projects
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- A nine-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.