Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Crane, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
ATTENTION: Candidates must live in the local vicinity of Crane, TX
This position is responsible for monitoring the flows, pressures and specifications of our natural gas processing plants. The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position, but is not meant to be all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary.
- Operates plant facilities various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: cryogenic plant processing, hydrocarbon fractionation units, process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas fired boilers, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and NGL storage and transfer facilities
- Operate the assigned plant equipment to ensure safe, efficient operation of the plant. This includes proper adjustments of operating conditions, and process troubleshooting.
- Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responds to alarms and problems within the plant and makes appropriate corrections
- Safely perform plant startup, shutdown, and respond to plant emergencies.
- Maintain established plant or equipment logs as required.
- Perform lock out/tag out procedures and may monitor field compressor status through the use of SCADA
- Maintenance coordination, management of change and procedure updating as required.
- Implement all plant Health, Environmental, Safety, and Security procedures such as emergency response, safe work procedures, Spill Prevention Countermeasures and Control (SPCC) reporting and monitoring environmental compliance and wear all required PPE.
- Monitor safety performance of plant and non-plant personnel and correct deficiencies as appropriate.
- Computer knowledge - Proficient utilizing MS Windows environment
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
- Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills in a team environment
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Ability to identify operational inefficiencies
- Understanding of Business fundamentals
- Ability to implement cost effective solutions
- Technical Skills related to math and analytical thinking
- Understanding of Importance of environmental and Safe Work Practices
- 2+ years Gas Plant experience preferred
- Working knowledge of gas plant operations preferred, but will train acceptable candidate
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
- Physical requirements - Must be able to climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- At least High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
Why work for Danos?
Danos offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Sounds like your ideal employer?
Apply today! Visit www.danos.com to complete a general application or to review additional openings.
Danos is an equal opportunity employer.