Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client is looking for an Intermediate Expeditor based in Edmonton, AB for a contract position.
Analyzes sources of supply, production schedules, transportation methods and other data to determine best possible delivery schedule of purchased material to meet Just-in-time (JIT) delivery criteria. Typically would possess a Logistics Management degree and may possess CPM certification. Requires 4-7 years experience.
- Support and manage assigned equipment/material to ensure on-time readiness and delivery to site in line with the project and construction schedule.
- Support and assist with the management of all associated vendor equipment/material documentation between the vendor, Engineering (or Engineering Consultant) and internal Project teams to ensure prompt review & approval periods. Must ensure that all required documentation is received complete (including approvals if applicable) Examples of documentation required can include the following; drawings, RFI's, Inspection Test Plans (ITP), Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS), and Final Vendor Data Requirements (VDR).
- Regular review of vendor fabrication schedules, Inspection and Test Plans (if applicable), Inspection Reports and other pertinent vendor and PO data to mitigate any delays
- Notify key stakeholders of potential or actual delays while working with supplier to resolve issues as required
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, positively influencing project, manage project milestones within scope, ensuring document submittal schedules and focus on completion of Purchase Order/Contract close out requirements.
- Requires the ability to communicate all issues and concerns precisely, clearly and unambiguously with all stakeholders.
- Sr Expeditors, Expediting Team Lead , and/or Team Manager- Working with and seeking additional general direction, guidance and counsel on a regular basis. Team Lead and/or Manager to provide and change work assignments as required
- Regular updates/Meetings/ Support for Vendors and Internal/ External clients such as Engineering, Consultants, Contractors, Buyers, Project Team members, Commissioning, Construction Services, Quality Surveillance and other SCM Team members (e.g. Logistics).
- Knowledge of MS Windows/Outlook and Office Suite.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Project Management, Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Com, Finance, Business Admin.)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.