Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Refinery / Plant Operator, Refinery Specialist
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Job Title: Plant Operator
Location: Midland, TX
ATTENTION: Candidates must live in the local vicinity (within 40 miles) of Midland, TX.
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the for
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
The operator is responsible for pipeline equipment including, but not limited to: chilled water gas conditioning skids, reciprocating natural gas compressors, dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, gas measurement equipment, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start-up/Shutdown of plant equipment.
- Adjust controls to operate equipment in the recommended or prescribed operating ranges.
- Visually inspect equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication. Perform minor maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to: reciprocating natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, etc.
- Read, monitor and record various operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, hours of operations, fuel consumed, water levels, etc.
- De-pressure equipment and pipelines.
- Operate valves.
- Monitor plant and pipeline operations and respond to emergency or upset conditions.
- Operate under Process Safety Management (PSM) as required.
- Monitor gas gathering system through SCADA and make calls to alert customers of situations that could affect gas deliveries.
- Monitor, remove and replace gauges, filters, oil, chemicals, other lubricating fluids, gaskets, and valves as needed.
- Working knowledge of oil and gas operations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
- Candidate must live within a 40 mile radius of Midland, Texas
- High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
- Valid U.S. Driver's License with an acceptable driving record