Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Pipeline Operator, Pipeline Services
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
ob Title: Pipeline Technician & Pipeliner Techs
Location: Midland, TX Area
ATTENTION: Candidates must live in the local vicinity (40 miles) of Midland, TX. This is not a rotational schedule.
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
The Pipeline Technician "Pipeliner" is responsible for providing operational, technical, electrical, and mechanical support for all facility equipment. Technicians are responsible for a variety of tasks involved in troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, installing, and repairing equipment within an assigned area.
- Perform measurement/maintenance relief duties on 24 hour call out basis and perform measurement operations as needed.
- Identify and locate company pipelines including probing, marking, mapping, and flagging company pipelines and assets.
- Perform duties associated with "One Call" pipeline response system.
- Coordinate with third party and company personnel for excavations, crossings, and digs of company pipelines.
- Launching/receiving pipeline scrapers/pigs and all duties associated to maintain line integrity and safe operation.
- Perform valve inspections and associated documentation to ensure proper operation.
- Identify and coordinate pipeline (Right of Way) R.O.W. maintenance and line marker replacement/additions as needed.
- Train and become proficient in other work disciplines and perform relief duties as needed.
- Read and understand line/station gate valve maps, flow diagrams, and alignment drawings.
- Other duties and projects assigned as necessary.
- Computer knowledge - Proficient utilizing MS Windows environment
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
- Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills in a team environmentincluding written reports, oral and email.
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Ability to identify operational inefficiencies
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Understanding of Business fundamentals
- Ability to implement cost effective solutions
- Technical Skills related to math and analytical thinking
- Understanding of Importance of environmental and Safe Work Practices
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess valid drivers license and have a good driving record.
- Must live within 30 miles of report location.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in petroleum industry, preferably pipeline operations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet).
- Proficient with laptop computer operations and mapping programs.
- Ability to obtain Operator Qualification per D.O.T. FCR 195 (Administered by Centurion)
- Requires manual dexterity and visual acuity, ability to lift up to 100 lbs., and work outside in all weather conditions, and extended hours.
- Team player and works well with others.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.