Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Plant Operations Engineer, Refinery Specialist
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Torrance, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Primary responsibilities will involve maintenance engineering support and reliability improvements. Engineer acts as an equipment specialist to lead and coordinate refinery wide effort of identifying and implementing reliability improvements to obtain optimum asset performance.
- Responsible for the improvement of the Instrumentation equipment class and is recognized as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for that class with a strong knowledge of the application and interpretation of the Company and industry standards of that class of equipment
- Responsible for development of both one and five year Equipment Class Improvement plans that aligns with business goals and objective. Plan will focus on strategic goals and implementation steps for continued improvement of equipment performance.
- Proactively seek reliability improvements directed at increasing plant equipment uptime
- Provide quality control and design reviews of new projects that involve Instrumentation equipment
- Work in a team environment with other engineering disciplines, operations and mechanical personnel
- Provides leadership and oversight for equipment record system to assure correct information is being collected.
- Track / evaluate and report Refinery key performances indicators for the Equipment Class and analyze any improvement opportunities.
- Use the industry methodology to identify "Bad Actors" within equipment class. In addition, Identifies and evaluates technology upgrades with application opportunities within the refinery that meet Torrance Refinery B/C (Benefit to Cost) ratio targets.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and provide technical training to mechanical and operations personnel
- Provide assistance in the field during plant start-ups, shutdowns or upsets
- Provide troubleshooting assistance
- Willing to be available outside of normal working hours to serve as technical consultant
- Provide Root Cause Failure Analysis expertise and support as needed for equipment failures
- BS in Electrical engineering
- Minimum experience required is 7 years in the oil and gas industry supporting Electrical / Instrumentation in a plant environment
- Must possess an expertise in assigned equipment class. Knowledgeable in maintenance practices and detailed understanding of the equipment class programs and strategies.
- Must possess strategic and creative thinking abilities.
- Must possess interactive skills necessary for teamwork building. This position acts as the focal point for the equipment class reliability and works closely with the Process, Mechanical & Technical for solution building.
- Must possess good judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and possess computer skills needed for communications and analysis.
- Knowledgeable in industry standards and practices including process safety management practices and risk management
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, manage short deadlines and emergency situations
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of an organization
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.