Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Electronic Technician - Cementing Equipment Installation
Role supporting the global equipment installation team
- Under general supervision, assists with the installation and commissioning of cementing equipment on offshore drilling rigs
- Under general supervision, install and maintain electronic instrumentation to provide reliable well maintained equipment to ensure service quality
- Perform all levels of electronic installation and preventive maintenance. Unsupervised control systems support and repair for electro-mechanical equipment on remote customer sites
- Assists with identification of materials required and creating project bill of materials
- Assists with materials and equipment preparation/packaging for mobilisation to project site.
- May also be required to maintain, inspect, diagnose and repair Halliburton equipment as per Halliburton procedures
- Equipment includes; PLC Control systems, VFD interfaces, motor starter panels, electrical enclosures, diesel engines, transmissions, high pressure pumps, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24v electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls and a variety of other energy services equipment
- Perform preventive/predictive maintenance procedures on Halliburton equipment
- Performs Ex inspections required by the company, and government entities
- Perform basic troubleshooting on electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Installs and/or replaces new or reconditioned repair components
- Tests and sets up equipment for proper operation
- Performs own work and provides assistance to others as directed
- Requires, workshop/yard, offshore and shipyard / quayside work
- Operates lifting devices
- Requires good working knowledge of electrical block and termination diagrams, installation and equipment drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic circuits/drawings/prints
- Must complete proper paperwork as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- May be required to assist Installation Coordinator and carry out rig surveys
- Frequent international travel
- Responsible for ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations
- Assists in supervising others. Provides basic job training and guidance on a regular basis; performs work of same or closely allied nature
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and comply with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations
Education and Experience
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an Associates degree or 2 year vocational training in electronic technology or equivalent, and 2 years' experience as Electronic Technician I or 3 years electro-mechanical experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- CompEx Certified (EX01-EX04)
Role Specific Knowledge
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Ability to operate and function test industrial equipment.
- Provide assistance to locate and acquire parts
- Rigging and lifting experience
- Forklift truck licence
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment and software (i.e. Cat ET, STEP 7 etc.)
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 74429
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.